Talk to your priest about being “the” group that takes care of cleaning or upkeep of certain parts of the Church, Rectory, or Offices. Then commit to doing it as often as needed as part of the mission of being in your group.
Some examples may be:
- organizing the music books in the pews after the last Mass each week
- keeping the bulletin boards and flyers cleaned up in the entryways
- dusting the statues in the Church
- cleaning the parish hall kitchen very well a few times a year
- weeding the flowers and plants at the Church entrance
- washing windows
Have some more? Please help others out with more by ideas by putting them in the comments section below.